Ready to start planning your Croatia itinerary? This idyllic, mediterranean destination is rich with history and beautiful views. From cruising on a boat, swimming in the clear blue Adriatic Sea, to hiking up medieval forts & going on a wine tour – there is something here for everyone! Croatia should be on every travelers’ bucket list. Spending a week in Croatia is the perfect amount of time to get a feel for the area (although of course, I could spend a month there!).
Check out my Croatia itinerary to spend an epic 7 days seeing the highlights of the beautiful country.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you book through my links, at no extra cost to you.
Croatia Trip Overview
- PTO/Vacation Days Needed: 7-9
- Currency: Kuna
- Exchange Rate: $1 USD = 7.22 Kuna
- Closest Airport: DBV or SPU
- Getting Around: Ferry, and then Taxi + walking once you are at your destination
When is the Best Time to Visit Croatia?
The peak season in Croatia is May-September, with the most popular of those months being July and August. For your 7 days in Croatia, I recommend visiting around April- early June, or September – October. This way, you will beat some of the summer crowds, but you’re still visiting at a time where it’s warm enough to enjoy swimming!
Overview of Croatia Itinerary: 7 Days
I recommend flying into Split (SPU) and flying out from Dubrovnik (DBV) to be the most efficient with your time by not having to backtrack to the same airport.
- Day 1: Split – Hvar
- Day 2: Hvar
- Day 3: Hvar
- Day 4: Korcula
- Day 5: Korcula
- Day 6: Dubrovnik
- Day 7: Dubrovnik
- 10 Epic Things to Do in Hvar, Croatia
- The Best Things to Do in Korcula Island, Croatia
- The Perfect 2 Days in Dubrovnik Itinerary
What to Pack for 7 Days in Croatia:
Besides the obvious items, don’t leave home without these things too:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Outlet Converter – so you can charge your phone! This is the one that I used
- Portable charger – so you will have enough juice to take pictures throughout the day and use your maps
- Travel Backpack– This is the one I have, and I absolutely love it!
- Mini Fan: something I wish that I had when I was there
- Water Shoes: the shoreline is rocky. These are a life saver!
Croatia Itinerary, Day 1-3: Hvar
Kick off the first part of your 7-day Croatia trip on the island of Hvar. Fly into Split airport (SPU) and take a ferry over to the island of Hvar, which is one of the most popular islands in Croatia. While Hvar is well-known for its iconic beach bars and nightlife scene, there is so much more to explore on this beautiful island!
Where to Stay in Hvar
VRBO: Our group of 5 stayed in this great VRBO with a beautiful view from the back deck. It’s tucked away from the hustle and bustle of town, but still only a 10 minute walk there. It’s also close to my favorite beach bar on the island
Hotel: Adriana Spa Hotel – this 4-star hotel is in a great spot on the edge of town and has an awesome rooftop bar with a view
- Arrive in Split and take the ferry to Hvar
- Walk to the Top of Fortica, the fort overlooking Hvar Town
- Wander the Cobblestone Streets
- Visit the Famous Hula Hula Beach Bar
- Sunset at Bar Falko
- Boat tour of Pakleni Islands!
- Happy Hour at Bar Adriana Rooftop
- Dinner in Town
- Experience the Nightlife
- Check out Stari Grad, UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the oldest towns in Europe!
- Visit the Lavender Fields
Ready for more details on Hvar? Check out 10 Epic Things to Do in Hvar, Croatia
Croatia Itinerary Day 4-5: Korcula
Next up on your Croatia itinerary, take an hour-long ferry ride from Hvar to Korcula Island. Korcula is much less crowded, and more low-key, than Hvar, but there are still so many great things to do and see there!
Where to Stay in Korcula:
- Hotel: Hotel Korsal is a great option with fabulous reviews. It’s in a nice area near town, but right next to a chill, beautiful beach.
- VRBO: Also in the same area as the hotel above, We stayed at this 2-story apartment overlooking the marina, and it was awesome! It comfortably slept our group of 5 (but it can sleep 7), and was a quick and easy walk to the heart of town.
- 1-hour ferry ride from Hvar to Korcula
- La’Banya Beach Club (pro tip: get a cabana!)
- Marco Polo House
- Sunset Drinks at Bar Massimo
- Visit a Winery
- Check out Bacva Beach
- Moresko Sword Dance Performance in Town
Ready for more details? Check out The Best Things to Do in Korcula Island, Croatia
Croatia Itinerary Day 6-7: Dubrovnik
Now for the last section of your 7-day Croatia Itinerary – Dubrovnik! While Dubrovnik has become super popular over the past few years as the filming location for “Kings Landing” in Game of Thrones, there are so many other reasons to visit this cool historic town as well.
Where to Stay in Dubrovnik:
- Hotel: I’ve heard great things about the Boutique Hotel Stari Grad!
- VRBO: We stayed in this cute townhouse apartment. It was centrally-located, sleeps 5 people, has a great view from the top floor, and a nice little outdoor patio!
- 2-hour ferry ride from Korcula to Dubrovnik
- Walk the City Walls
- Lovrijenac Fort
- Buza Bar + Swimming
- Cable Car + Panorama Restaurant
- Game of Thrones Sightseeing
- Franciscan Monestary
- Roam Through Town
- Swimming Outside the City Walls
- Lokrum Island
Ready for more details? Check out The Perfect 2 Days in Dubrovnik Itinerary